A Kid’s Place is currently recruiting for a Thrift Store Manager. This candidate will be committed to a strong interest in the overall mission of A Kid’s Place of Tampa Bay, Inc. The Store Manager will be responsible for operating AKP Thrift, which financially supports the programs and services of A Kid’s Place. The ideal candidate will be highly energetic, friendly and seek to find innovative ways to manage and improve the thrift store. The Store Manager will be committed to creating a professional, yet loving atmosphere and a desire to serve alongside staff, volunteers, and the community.
The Thrift Store Manager will report to the Development Manager for all thrift store operations issues. This is a full-time position, hourly, and non-exempt.
Tuesday through Saturday 9:30am – 6pm at $15/hour
- Oversee the general operation and success of the retail thrift store, including receiving and processing donations, as well as, displaying merchandise.
- Manage and direct the sales performance of the store.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage donation deliveries and pickups.
- Work with the Development Manager to utilize and analyze sales reports for optimal store performance.
- Train volunteers and independent living participants in thrift store duties.
- Operate a cash register, reconcile cash with sales receipts, and keep record of transactions.
- Uphold the cash handling policy and properly execute the procedures.
- Responsible for the positive image of the thrift store and promoting its purpose in the mission of A Kid’s Place, to the community.
- Maintain a clean and organized store.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- FSA and HSA
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Three years or more of retail and management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with merchandise promotion and sales technique.
- Full compliance at all times with A Kid’s Place drug-free workplace policy.
- Successful completion of initial and periodic criminal background screening.
- Compliance with all applicable laws, including laws relating to equal treatment in employment and in delivery of services, and other workplace laws.
A Kid’s Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug & Tobacco Free Facility. All personnel are required to undergo mandatory post-employment offer criminal background checks.